We are now accepting applications for our 2014-2015 scholarship program. Application deadline is May 15, 2014.
Download the application here (.pdf) (word).
Questions? Please email
or call 240-515-6262.
Information on the NCCF Scholarship Program
The National Collegiate Cancer Foundation was established to provide services and support to young adults whose lives have been impacted by cancer and who have continued with their education throughout treatment or after their treatment. These $1,000 competitive awards will be judged based on the criteria listed below.
All scholarships are one time awards. Previous awardees are encouraged to apply each year that awards are offered. However, they must submit a new application each year.
Applicants must meet all of the requirements listed below:
1. Must be a cancer survivor or current patient.
- Note: We do not currently offer scholarships to siblings or children of cancer survivors, but are hoping to start a program in 2014 that does.
2. Must be between the ages of 18-35.
- An exception will be made if you are 17 and entering college in the fall following application.
3. US citizen or permanent resident.
4. Attending or planning to attend an accredited college, university or vocational institution in pursuit of an associate, bachelor, master’s, doctorate or certificate as of the fall following application.
Applicants will be evaluated based on six criteria:
Displaying a “Will Win” attitude with respect to his or her cancer experience
Quality of essays
Overall story of cancer survivorship
Commitment to education
Quality of recommendations